“Sweet Art Diva” nominated me for the “Kreative Blogger Award.” I like to thank her for her kind attention to my doll blog .
She sells handmade felt creations at her Etsy shop. These little appliqués are perfect for decorating Easter baskets, Christmas stockings, kid’s crafts or even cards and scrapbooks!
As with every nomination, there are some rules that are as follows:
- You must thank the person who has given you the award.
- Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
- Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
- Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
- Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
- Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.
Seven Things About Myself:
- I can never determine if I should blog about quilting or doll making together or on alternative web journals.
- I write lesson plans for fun and that is very strange. This is a genetic distinction, my two daughters both suffer from the same affliction.
- I almost never purchase Nacho Cheese Doritos because I can’t prevent myself from eating the entire quantity all at once. This is very bad for my figure, however, I am getting older and my figure has gone somewhere . . . I don’t know where . . . but somewhere.
- I keep thinking that I should live somewhere warmer or cooler depending upon the temperature at the time that I am thinking about where I should be living.
- I collect lots and lots of stuff and then make something small before giving all the stuff away to other people. This is because I always think I will need more stuff than I actually do for a project.
- I have a tendency to use words that are no longer in spell check! I keep looking them up in my old dictionary, and these words do exist!
- If a baby is sitting in the pew in front of or behind me, within ten feet of me, in church, I will not hear a sermon; all I will think about is how adorable the baby is. Satan uses this to tempt me.
The following are web journals I admire:
1. Coletterie – Sewing tips, ideas and peeks in the Colette patterns studio. I love this blog because the directions are very clear and easy to follow. Well, I am a schoolteacher after all. The photographs are also excellent.
2. How Joyful - is written by an industrial design graduate of the Universidad de Chile, “living and blogging creatively in the California mountains.” Because my husband and I used to live in San Francisco and often vacationed in the Sierra Nevada, I find the atmosphere in her photos very appealing. She is so studious and creative, she reminds me of my two college girls.
3. fluffyland, craft & sewing blog – This blog has an irresistible name. Samantha is a mechanical engineering student from Case Western Reserve University. Her dolls are perfect for little ones; check them out.
4. The Sewing Space – This professional journal is maintained by a Master Seamstress. Lena lives and works out of Australia ; her blog is about drafting and manipulating patterns, sewing and fashion.
5. Beyond the Kids – Is by a very lively and creative blogger named Susanne. She has duel citizenship and lives in Great Britain. Her quilts are very contemporary and her home remodeling adventurous!
6. Raspberry – A web journal by textile designer, Alice, from the U.K. She “sets the stage” so to speak, for those of you interested in participating in arts and crafts shows. Her textile photography is also quite inspiring.
7. Get Self Sufficient! – is a blog started by three friends from across the globe: Rick from the US, Julie from the UK and Catherine from Australia. I love the concept of relying upon one’s self for sustainable behaviors/alternative lifestyles. Maybe this is because my husband is a green architect and it is a common topic of discussion around our household. I look forward to reading their entries.
- I was nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award! (mcfsantos.wordpress.com)
- The Kreativ Blogger Award (theobamacrat.com)
- Kreativ Blogger Award (startupbabies.com)
- Kreativ Blogger Award (wordsetcwriting.com)
- Awards Galore (lornastearoomdelights.wordpress.com)
- Kreative Blogger Award (workthedream.wordpress.com)
- Nomination for Kreativ Blogger award (filipinofestival.wordpress.com)
- Kreativ Blogger Award! (marisakquijano.com)
- Nomination for Kreativ Blogger award (artfulhelix.wordpress.com)
- Kreative Blogger Award and Words Etc. (wordsetcwriting.com)